Manteno Sportsmen's Club
General Rules for Watercraft:
1. All watercraft must be registered with the Harbor Committee and the owner must be a current member of the Manteno Sportsmen's Club. No boat is allowed on the lake without a sticker.
2. All watercraft owners must show proof of ownership and registration to the Harbor Committee. A copy of each owner's registration and insurance will be kept on file by the Harbor Committee. Any watercraft with a 25 horsepower or greater motor is required to carry $300,000 of liability, and $5,000 of medical insurance. Proof of this insurance is required for the issuance of your boat sticker.
3. No watercraft over 21 feet centerline length is allowed on the lake. Centerline length is determined by the manufacturer specifications.
4. No watercraft is to be left on the lake overnight unless moored at the campgrounds or boat docks at the ramp. no watercraft may be left on the sake for more than one night.
5. All coves are no wake zones. The lake is no wake after sunset.
6. No glass bottles are allowed on the docks or in the watercraft.
7. If an individual under the age of 16 is operating a watercraft on the lake, the owner must be in the boat and is responsible for the safe operation of the boat.
8. Any person under 21 must have a safety class.
9. All watercraft must adhere to the laws of the State of Illinois. These laws include fishing, operation, and registration. No alcoholic beverages are allowed in any watercraft. State and local authorities will be utilized to enforce these laws.
10. Violation of any of the above rules shall be grounds for suspension or cancellation of privileges set forth by the Harbor Committee and Sportsmen's Club board.
11. Stickers must be permanently affixed and displayed on all watercraft when utilizing the lake.
12. The Harbor Committee will maintain a waiting list, with its publication on a quarterly basis.
1. Stickers will be issued to Fishing Boats at the annual fee of $10.00.
2. Fishing boats may utilize the lake on Monday, Tuesday, and Saturday. Fishing boats may utilize the lake on designated pleasure craft days before 10:00 AM and after sunset, if no pleasure boats are present.
3. All sailboats, canoes, and paddleboats are designated fishing boats.
4. Fishing days are no wake days.
5. There is no limit on the number of fishing passes the Harbor Committee can issue.
1. Stickers will be issued to pleasure craft at the annual fee of $50.00. There will be 45 pleasure craft stickers issued annually.
2. Pleasure craft include jet skis, ski boats, pontoon boats, or any boat capable of pulling skiers or tubers.
3. Pleasure craft may utilize the lake on Wednesday, Friday, Sunday, and any legal holidays between sunrise and sunset.
4. Pleasure craft must travel in a counter clockwise direction around the lake.
5. Only 3 pleasure crafts may utilize the lake at one time. Any other pleasure crafts must be in the North cove, or at the docks. Pleasure craft waiting their turn in the North cove, and all owners are encouraged to share the lake with those members waiting in the cove.
6. Pleasure craft may not pull more than two skiers or tubers at one time.
7. All pleasure craft must have two occupants on their boat (Driver & Spotter) when pulling skiers.
8. Any person wishing to be placed on the waiting list for a pleasure craft sticker must register with the Harbor Chairman.
9. Members who own two pleasure craft must register both with the Harbor Committee. These members are permitted to only have one pleasure craft on the Club grounds at one time.
10. Due date for all documentation is May 1. Any pleasure craft owner who does not renew his/her membership with the Harbor Committee by May 1 will forfeit his right to renewal, and will be added to the end of the waiting list.
11. Any individual entering the lake must wear a life jacket. The only place swimming is allowed without a life jacket is on the beach (within the beach boundaries.)
12. Swimming from boats is permitted in the North Cove only.
13. A pleasure craft (boat or jet ski) pulling a tuber or skier must have a flag.